The holiday season brings increased travel and wear and tear on the Connecticut highways during the winter season. The spike in traffic on poor road conditions can be dangerous along with risky driving behaviors. Dangerous driving behaviors during the season include fatigued driving and aggressive driving, since the holiday rush can bring on exhaustion and excess stress for some people. Also, drivers are more likely to drive impaired following alcohol consumption at holiday parties and drive distracted while texting holiday greetings.
Keep you and your passengers safe while traveling this holiday season by following these tips:
- Plan ahead of time. Budget for the possibility of additional necessary travel time, know your travel route and make sure your vehicle is in good working order.
- Take a nap before long road trips. Take breaks during long drives or better yet if driving with someone, take turns.
- Drive defensively and let aggressive drivers pass you or go through the intersection first. Plan for excess traffic that may require you to travel below posted speed limits.
- If you decide to drink at a holiday party, take an uber
- If you need to make a phone call or send a text message get off the road and pullover.
If you or a loved one is injured in a car accident over the holiday season, contact the Law Offices of Keith Anthony at (860) 333-6455. Attorney Keith Anthony can help you navigate thru this process, step by step.