Guilford Car Accident Attorney
Settled in 1639 along the Connecticut shoreline, Guilford lies east of New Haven and is known as a quiet, pleasant community in which to live and work. However, even in such a bucolic setting, car crashes are inevitable. Too many injuries and deaths occur each year on Connecticut roadways, altering lives and shattering dreams. If you or someone you love become injured in a car accident, you need reliable Guilford Car Crash Lawyers by your side.
Many Guilford residents believe the car insurance required by Connecticut law is all they need to handle the consequences of a car accident. Sadly, this is far from reality. Most drivers carry only the minimum required coverage, which is inadequate to pay for treatments that are usually necessary after a serious car crash with injuries. Plus, when insurance companies debate liability claims after an accident, your needs are often placed on the back burner.
Former USMC Judge Advocate Attorney Keith Anthony is one of our experienced Guilford Car Crash Lawyers who is sensitive to the needs of his clients. With persuasive negotiation skills and powerful litigation tactics, he is well-suited to help you get justice and pursue compensation for your injuries. Contact his office in Guilford for a free consultation to review your case.
Help with Car Accident Injuries in Guilford, CT
Car accidents happen in a brief moment of time but often result in life-changing injuries. When this happens to you or a loved one, you need experienced assistance and guidance. Every car crash is unique, with specific circumstances that affect any pursuit of justice and compensation. Speed, angle of impact, weather, road conditions and other factors can make your case complex.
The most common injuries suffered in Guilford car accidents include:
- Back injuries
- Neck injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Broken bones
- Internal injuries
- Crush injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Severed limbs
On top of significant physical trauma, you may also have to cope with damage to or loss of valuable property, such as your vehicle and items inside. If your injuries are serious enough, you may be unable to work and earn a living for your family. In fact, your future career could be at stake. All this combined with the physical trauma you suffer can result in mental and emotional challenges.
Any Guilford car crash that is caused out of negligent actions or lack of prudent action is grounds for pursuing a personal injury lawsuit for compensation. Keith Anthony is a Guilford Car Crash Lawyer with the skills and experience to aggressively investigate and pursue your case. His goal is always to marshal the facts and recover the largest financial settlement possible under the law. Contact his office in Guilford at (860) 782-6393 to ask for your free consultation.
Recommended Actions After a Car Crash in Guilford
Events move fast when you are involved in a car crash in Guilford. Everything may seem a blur, but you should try to remain calm and take actions to protect yourself and your interests. Attorney Keith Anthony recommends the following actions after a car accident in Guilford:
- Check for Injuries – Assess your physical condition and that of any other passengers in the vehicle as best you can. Remain where you are and stay calm until help arrives. Apply pressure to stop any bleeding.
- Get Medical Treatment – Getting treatment for any injuries is your number one priority. Always allow emergency medical personnel on the scene to examine you and transport you to the nearest hospital emergency room for medical treatment.
- Try to Gather Evidence – As your condition allows, try to collect as much evidence at the scene of the accident as possible. Take photos of all involved vehicles and their license tags. Ask for statements from any witnesses. Try to get contact and insurance information from other involved drivers, including their name, driver’s license number, date of birth, address, insurance company and policy number.
- File a Police Report – Local law enforcement will typically arrive on the scene and quickly begin investigating and creating a report. Share your name, contact and insurance information, and provide a full description of what happened. Getting your statement on record can help you later, especially if you choose to pursue compensation.
- File a Report with Your Insurance Company – This is generally accomplished quickly by phone or online and consists of simply notifying them that you were in an accident. Be sure to tell them the police were called to the scene and will be completing an accident report.
- Call a Guilford Car Accident Lawyer Right Away – As soon as it is feasible, you or a loved one should contact Attorney Keith Anthony for guidance and legal representation. He can quickly begin an investigation of the incident, collect evidence before it disappears and handle communications with law enforcement and insurance representatives on your behalf.
Avoid These Mistakes After a Car Crash in Guilford, CT
Even in the stress immediately after a car accident in Guilford, you should attempt to keep your wits about you and protect yourself and your rights. Law enforcement and insurance representatives may ask numerous questions, but be careful what you share and with whom. Guilford Car Accident Attorney Keith Anthony recommends the following:
- Don’t accept blame for the accident
- Don’t discuss the accident with anyone
- Don’t minimize your injuries or the accident
- Don’t record any statements, written or audio
- Don’t talk to insurance representatives without your Guilford Car Crash Lawyer present
- Don’t sign or agree to anything without counsel from your attorney
Working with Guilford Car Accident Attorney Keith Anthony immediately after the crash is in your best interests. He will handle the details of insurance negotiations for a settlement after calculating your current and projected needs from the accident. You are more likely to ask for much more than they offer initially. Keith Anthony will not settle for anything less than what you deserve, and he is prepared to pursue your case into court to see that justice and adequate compensation is obtained.
Speak with a Guilford Car Crash Lawyer Today
If you or a family member are involved in a Guilford car accident due to negligence by another person or entity, you may be eligible to pursue compensation for your injuries and other losses. Arrange a free confidential consultation with Guilford Car Crash Lawyer Keith Anthony today. Call our Guilford office at (860) 782-6393 or message us online today.